Regional Clean Energy Program
There are three new regional clean energy opportunities available:
- Regional energy efficiency training and subsidised support for local Councils and local businesses
- New $250 million Local Government Finance Program.
- Regional clean energy update & case studies
For information on these opportunities please contact the regional coordinator for the Riverina Renewable Energy precinct: Kylie Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org
New $250 million Local Government Finance Program
Australian councils are being encouraged to invest in clean technologies to reduce their energy bills and lower emissions, via a new $250 million program from the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC).
The CEFC Local Government Finance Program is designed to provide flexible and competitive fixed-rate, long-term finance tailored to the needs of Australian councils.
Key elements of the CEFC Local Government Finance Program include:
- Finance for eligible projects across renewable energy, energy efficiency and low emissions technologies
- Loans of at least $10 million for a single project or package of works
- Finance can be drawn over three years
- Ability for multiple councils to enter into joint financing agreements for eligible projects
- Access to competitive fixed-rate longer-dated senior debt (up to 10 years) and
- A straightforward approval process with simple loan documentation.
The CEFC’s Paul McCartney, Executive Director – Corporate and Project Finance, said there are compelling reasons for Australian councils to take proactive steps to manage their energy use.
“This program will provide councils with access to finance to help accelerate the adoption of these improvements,” he said.
Please see CEFC media release for details.
Regional clean energy update & case studies
We will be sending out a regionally focused update in the New Year. If you would like to host a Community Energy Forum for residents, or nominate a clean energy case study (either Council or a local business) for inclusion then please contact Kylie Walker on 047716757 by 10 Jan 2016.