Western Riverina - Grow Our Own
The Western Riverina Grow Our Own initiative is a national partnership lead by Bendigo Bank and Deakin University in partnership with RDA Riverina, TAFE Riverina Institute, local councils and other organisations and networks across the Western Riverina.
The partnership aims to transform communities through education to develop, mentor and retain local skills.
The working party have been focusing onbuilding the capacity of local employers to attract and retain local talent by developing pathways into their industry ( through traineeships, cadetships, engagement with schools) by showcasing good practice models which are currently successful in the region.
The vision by 2020 is:
- Greater local access to a broad choice of tertiary education courses with diverse delivery models
- Attraction of locally qualified workers into growth industries
- Development of local pathways to access education and training that leads to sustainable jobs
- Scholarship support for under represented groups
- Economic growth from increased human capital due to improved educational access.
Contact for inquiries: RDA Riverina Project Officer, Marg Couch