Are there areas of your business you would like to improve?
Running an effective business in agriculture is more than just knowing your production numbers. Many in agribusiness have questions around staff/family management, financial management, business growth, as well as marketing and customer engagement.
Many are looking to focus on their business growth, or fine-tune their current business management processes, in order to capitalise on current opportunities in the marketplace.
What’s it about?
The 12 week ‘Agri-Business By Design’ Program has been designed for business owners, managers and entrepreneurs to work through several fundamental business management issues, to assist them in optimising the way they run their businesses.
It commences with a workshop in Wagga on the 21-22 June 2018, and is followed by online learning and mentoring. It has been designed to minimise participant’s time away from the farm or work, but maximise their learning about running a business.
What’s included in the program?
The program features discussion around business planning, customers and marketing, financial fundamentals, staff management, communication, and more.
- A 2x day workshop at commencement, to learn from business specialists, and network with other like-minded people in the industry (i.e. owners and managers)
- Online learning materials, including templates, to complete and implement in their own businesses
- Group business mentoring sessions over 12 weeks, to keep connecting and collaborating with the group.
Participants will also develop their own Business Action Plan, describing what needs to the actioned in their businesses over the coming 6 months.
How to get involved?
- The Wagga program commences with a two day workshop on the 21-22 June.
- Registrations for this program close on the 18th June (to advise the venue of numbers) – unless sold out earlier.
- NSW businesses may be eligible for reimbursement of up to 50% of eligible costs on completion of the program under NSW RAA Farm Business Skills Program (T&Cs apply – see here for details).
For more details and information:
- Head to the Program webpage.
- Head to the Program registration page.
- Contact Gordon Stone from ABDI at email@example.com or (07) 4615 2255.
- A copy of the Program Brochure can also be accessed here.
The program is supported by MLA (through the MLA Donor Company) in NSW, however it is suitable for all agricultural industries.