Food & Beverage Delegation to India, 24-29 September 2018
Food demand in India is expected to increase significantly in the coming decades thanks to large population and income increases, expanding urbanization, and dietary changes. Simultaneously, India’s food self-sufficiency is expected to face significant challenges due to decreasing rates of agricultural productivity growth, scarce natural resources, and climate change.
To support our NSW food and Beverage exporters the NSW Government is leading a delegation to Delhi and Mumbai, India, on 24-29 September 2018.
The purpose of the delegation is to promote NSW food and beverages and create government-backed networking opportunities and meetings with potential Indian buyers.
Joining the NSW Government on this mission will provide you with the opportunity to:
- participate in business-to-business matchmaking sessions facilitated by Austrade and the NSW Government
- meet local distributors and importers
- meet potential in-market partners
- develop skills and experience within international markets
- enhance your international profile
- gain a better understanding of the cultural and regulatory requirements in India.
The week-long program will
- pre-departure and in-market briefings
- participation in the Annapurna World of Food tradeshow
- visits to supermarkets/retailers
- B2B and group meetings
- networking events.
Costs of Participating:
All travel and accommodation expenses are to be covered by participating businesses, as well as freight of samples to the market.
NSW Government will cover the costs of the in-market business program and related on-ground expenses.