Australian Export Awards
The Australian Export Awards (AEA) is a national program that recognises Australian businesses for their export achievements and contribution to Australia's economic prosperity. Australian exporters can apply in 13 national categories.
What are the Australian Export Awards (AEA)?
- Forum to recognise the important contribution of, and celebrate the success of Australian exporters.
- Each state and territory run their own state-based export awards program. Winners of the state and territory awards programs automatically become national finalists and progress to the AEA in the 13 national categories.
- National categories include Agribusiness; Business Services; Creative Industries; Digital Technologies; E-commerce; Education and Training; Emerging Exporter; Environmental Solutions; Health and Biotechnology; Manufacturing; Minerals, Energy and Related Services; Regional Exporter; and Small Business.
- 2018 marks the return of the Emerging Exporter Award as a national category. This award recognises outstanding achievement by an organisation, in any industry, that has been exporting for 3 years or less.
Benefits for National Finalists and Winners
- Boost your reputation among local and international customers
- Increase your profile with the Australian Government
- Network with fellow exporters, and learn from each other’s export experience
- Improve staff morale with public recognition of the business’s success
- Critically review your business planning during the application process and identify ways to improve export strategies and operations
- Gain national media exposure
- Use the AEA winner/finalist logo in domestic and international marketing campaigns to highlight your achievement
- Attend the AEA awards ceremony and meet senior government officials and industry leaders
- Attend exclusive business events
Who should apply?
- Australian businesses exporting their products and services overseas can apply in the 13 award categories.
- Applicants can apply in multiple categories. Full eligibility found at exportawards.gov.au/Apply/Eligibility-guidelines
How do Australian businesses apply?
- Australian businesses apply via their state or territory awards program
- Applications are submitted online via exportawards.gov.au
- Entries are judged by the government and industry representatives on their business plan, export market strategy and performance in exporting. More information on judging criteria can be found at exportawards.gov.au/Apply/Judging-criteria
Application Closing Dates
State/Territory - Applications close
VIC - 4 July (closed)
ACT - 30 July
SA - 31 July
QLD - 6 August
WA - 6 August
TAS - 15 August
NT - 16 August
NSW - 17 August
All queries should be directed to email@example.com.