53 Railway St, Griffith, NSW 2680
3 hours, 30 minutes
Bioenergy is a proven technology and is widely used as part of the energy mix in Europe, the USA and many other countries. Increasingly high tech applications such as co-firing and gasification are being integrated into industrial applications and regional energy sources. Bioenergy can provide continuous, storable energy in the form of liquid
fuels and stockpiled biomass.
The Riverina produces significant agricultural waste containing valuable biomass ideal for bioenergy. Examples are nut shells, cotton trash, grape marc, prunings, intensive animal production waste, crop stubble and rice hulls. Biogas and biomass can provide additional value through reduced energy costs and commercial value added products.
• New Bioenergy markets including biofuels
• Renewable energy certificates for bioenergy
• Value adding from local agricultural waste streams
• Reduced gas & electricity costs
• Australian Bioenergy Fund